Saturday, September 11, 2010

WANTED:

FULL TIME CHILD CARE AND HOUSEKEEPING POSITION -2 children ages 8 and 10 years. •Must have valid driver's license •Non-smoking environment •Daily housekeeping required •Some cooking •Transportation to and from school •Some errands •References required •Monday-Friday Approx. 40-50 hours per week •Excellent pay - including paid vacation & holidays We are looking for someone who loves children. This position would be financially rewarding. You would become a very important part of our family. Mother and Father are professionals.

Okay, if you agree that the above statement is a good way to spend your hard earned money than my suggestion is to leave my blog at this time.

Now, if you are continuing with me then I need to say welcome aboard :) This is one of my bandwagons. There are so many things wrong with the above I really don't know where to begin. So I thought I would write my own wanted ad to try and justify my thinking/beliefs.

WANTED: FULL TIME PARENTS -# of children you can handle. Must have the ability to ride a bike and a driver license would just be an added bonus •Non-smoking/non-cursing/non-yelling environment •Daily reading required •Lots of cooking involvement & experiments •Transportation to and from school or to the park •Some errands will be required to teach responsibility and kindness to others •References required from the Almighty •24 hrs/day 365 days Approx. your whole life •Excellent pay - including fun filled vacations & holidays that will form new family traditions. Looking for someone who will love their own children. This position will be greatly rewarding. You will become a very important part of your family. Mothers and Fathers who are dedicated to one another and trying to raise their own children instead of worrying about what professional title they have before or after their name.

2 comments:

  1. And again, I say, "Amen"...Preach it, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Joni! Perfect perfect perfect... well said. I love that God hired us to do the same job.

    ReplyDelete