Thursday, June 23, 2016

Celebration 26 Debbie Timmons

Celebration 26
Prayer Warrior Debbie Timmons.

Probably most of my friends on Facebook didn't know Debbie.  She was a quiet soul.  She would do things in the background never wanting to be acknowledged for her talents or good works.  I didn't know her really well, but her witness was still powerful enough that she is someone I thought of when I wanted to do these celebrations.  Her prayer life still challenges me today even though she is gone. I'm still trying to learn by her example.

If ever I needed prayer, she was the first person I thought of.  She was a woman I looked for guidance and she helped with my spiritual growth.  She had such wisdom and compassion.

Also, she was a good friend to Brenda.  I know that Brenda misses her dearly.  The countless cards she received from "her Debbie" could fill a whole rack at the local Hallmark store.  They always seemed to come at the right time and the words that Debbie wrote I am convinced came straight from the Lord.  Her words were heartfelt.  Scriptures that she quoted were perfect for the situation or trial you were facing.  When I think of a servant I always think of Debbie.

She taught me the importance of prayer.  In her memory, I prayed and sent some cards to several people that Jesus laid on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment