Saturday, June 4, 2016

Celebration 9 Julie White

Celebration 9
My high school best friend Julie White.

Oh if anyone knows Julie, they know she's crazy.  She has a personality that draws people to her.  Growing up with her on the ball field, cheering side by side, and driving with the windows down with the AC on through the big town of Bedford....she was crazy.  Then after college, we shared an apartment with each other in Oolitic and I learned a new crazy :)   She took boring dull nights and made them memorable.  When I think of Julie, I smile and laugh.

I remember when we went to Nationals in TN, we were out on the balcony waving and yelling at boys.  Mrs. Wheatley have given strict instructions to be in bed and lights out....yet we stuck out on the balcony thinking we were getting away with something.  After a few minutes of waving, trying to get peoples attention walking by, Mrs. Wheatley leaned over HER BALCONY and said "Girls get in bed!"  We ran so fast into the hotel room and giggled ourselves to sleep.

Julie taught me to have fun and to be spontaneous.  I have struggled with how to honor that, so I asked Julie what she would do for an act of kindness.  She suggested several things and I plan to do all of them in her honor.  How's that for fun and spontaneous!



No comments:

Post a Comment