Sunday, June 5, 2016

Celebration 12 Paula Lindley Butler

Celebration 12
My co-worker Paula Lindley Butler.

After going to school to become a flight attendant.....yes I know REALLY a flight attendant.  I had to come back and wait until I turned 21 in order to get a job since alcohol is served on a plane.  My first official job was at Bender Lumber.  I started out as a cashier and then got promoted to work in the receiving department.  Paula was my co-worker.  She was a hard worker and I think we just worked well with each other.  We had some deep discussions back in that building about dreams, difficulties, and life.  She was only a few years older than me, but she had so much wisdom a young girl like me needed to absorb.

She would invite me over to her home and we would "hang out" at her pool.  Also, she always was remodeling and I loved to help paint and decorate a space into something that made it her home.  She had the most awesome flower garden I have ever seen.   Something that you would see in a magazine.  Just breathtaking.  She would walk around pointing out flowers and telling me stories about who bought them or who gave her a start off of a plant.  She loved nature and it's beauty.  Now that I have been thinking about my life, she is the reason I started my business Barefoot Blessing.

The happiness that radiated from her and the peace that flower garden gave me the many times I visited I wanted to share with others.  In her honor, I will be cleaning out a flower garden without charge to someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment