Monday, June 19, 2017

Celebration 32 Brenda Mathews

Celebration 32
My mother-n-love Brenda Mathews.

Not going to lie, this one has been super hard for me.  Please don't insert some terrible mother-n-law images or thoughts in your head.  It's difficult because she has taught me so much.  When I think I'm done learning from her, I enter a new stage of life and need her Godly wisdom and advice.

When I was first married, she was such a good example of how to speak to and about your husband.  I hate to admit it, but I have failed mutiple times and degraded the love of my life.  It's something I truly regret.  But this I know, I have grown leaps and bounds when it comes to rejoicing in my marriage instead of complaining.

Then, I had children.  She is the one that complimented, encouraged, helped, loved me through the good and the bad.  She is always helping out anyway she can.  The days that I'm ready to throw in the towel, I will get a sweet comment from her and a smile that tells me everything will be okay.

Now that children are growing and the constant everyday neediness has decreased she has taught me to love and protect from a distance.  Please don't get me wrong I'm still very much involved,  but it's different. Instead of picking out clothes for kids to wear,  I am now approving them.  Instead of feeding my children baby food, I'm watching them cook.  Instead  of reading to them, they go to the library and pick their own books. It makes me sad, but also joyful!

 The older I get the more I realize the importance of family. My sweet mother-n-love has taught me the importance of family.  She does it well. She does it with grace. She does it with wisdom. She does it with tough love.  In her honor, I donated to a local organization that honors family.  The HOPE RESEARCH CENTER.   If it wasn't for her and her willingness to open her home and mainly her heart my sweet husband wouldn't have the upbringing he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment