Sunday, May 21, 2017

Celebration 29 Becky Goller

Celebration 29
Mama Bear Becky Goller.

Not until recently did I know that Becky had the nickname of Mama Bear, but once I found out my heart smiled.  Those who don't know her are missing out on a sweet slice of heaven on earth.  I met Becky years ago at Hoosier Uplands, but I wouldn't have labeled her as a friend. Years later God decided to change that!

Becky and Jon have become staples to our church.  They decided, or should I say God decided they would be foster parents after adopting sweet little Dylan.  They are passionate for those babies.  They are voices for the orphans.  I truly believe they are the hands and feet of our Lord.  They could have quietly fostered like many others in the community, but instead they knew that it should be much more.  They started a foster/adoptive and family placement support group.

Becky is constantly doing for others.  She is sweet, but fierce.  She is full of grace, but speaks truth.  She truly is the voice for children.  A few weeks ago, she posted on facebook a necklace she wanted Jon to get her.  Without hesitation, I ordered it.  She has given so much, I almost felt guilty buying some small necklace for her!  Then God gently reminded me, it's not about me!  I hope every time she wears this small gesture of my appreciation she knows that she truly is 100% a Mama Bear.  She earned that title!

Becky taught me to be fierce.  In her honor, I sat upon the glass floor on the Sears Tower!  I am WAY SCARED OF HEIGHTS, but with Becky's voice in my head I did it!  She would be one proud Mama Bear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment